General Position Description:
The role of the Fabrication Manager is to maintain the forward- looking plan of the companies' fabrication operations. The Fabrication manager will be the interface between fabrication, business development, and estimating with matters of workload and industries to focus resources on. The Fabrication Manager will have a focus on maintaining at forecasted workload to be used to make key estimating and project decisions. The fabrication Manager will also keep a forward-looking eye on changing technologies and systems to keep the fabrication operations efficient and industry leading. The Fabrication Manager will oversee our in-house engineering services.
The Fabrication Manager will manage fabrication performance in all facilities with specific focus on:
- #1 Priority is to make Safety our key objective with Quality following a close second.
- Leading and managing a $40 million + fabrication business ; generate profitable work in fabrication industry
- Responsible for financial results of revenue, profit and backlog
- Experience running at least 100 craft employees on team
- Multiple facility management experience a plus
- Strong understanding of fabrication technology
- Responsible for income statement
- Experience with AISC fracture critical, ASME, and API work
- Complete weekly status reviews for key projects and fabrication status report for submission to Company's Executive Team
- Managing and helping all facilities and project managers to be successful
- Maintain a current workload projection to be used for business development, estimating and resources loading
- Actively participate in the business development of lead estimation functions and fabrication
- Manage our project controls staff and continue to push and refine the process to make it best of class
Even though this position represents management, it requires doing the tasks and identifying what it takes to make GBI a success.
- Work with the Facilities managers and GBI management to ensue that projects are planned, resourced, and executed properly.
- Set goals for quality, safety and productivity
- Understand client production requirements
- Encourage creativity
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Execute improvements tour cost control , safety ad quality control
- Establish and implementation plan outlining the resource needs to ensure adherence to best practices. Ensure project execution plans are in place and executed
- Meet with GBI managers and estimators to discuss needs and objectives
- Coordinate with the GBI manager and facilities managers to establish appropriate staffing for each job.
- Participate in-house, pre-job conferences for each project to see that all disciplines within GBI are properly coordinated to perform their appropriate function.
- Provide estimation leadership
- Help review proposals
- Work with project management to see that continuous quality improvements measures are being implemented
- Work with QA/QC personnel to see that appropriate procedures are in place for projects requiring code stamp compliance
- Research and champion process improvements that can be made to increase production, efficiencies, or work flow in fabrication
- Keep track of personnel resources at the facilities manager and engineering levels
- Keep track of project management processes and methods to insure desired results
- Forecast project cost (WIP)